ritastradling

anti-book-snob

For some reason I find fantasy books much more believable than mainstream fiction. I mostly read fantasy and all sub-genres but if overwhelmed with curiosity I'll occasionally read a 'norm' book.

I am an author also but I am mostly on this site to connect as a reader.

The Mayfair Moon

The Mayfair Moon - J.A. Redmerski If I was going to rate this book it would probably be like a 2 or 2.5 star book, but I'm not really sure so I'm going to leave the rating blank.

I didn't really like it but I finished it, which is very unusual for me as I often will drop a book I like because something annoys me, I'm fickle. The thing about this book is it had everything I liked in a book, it just didn't quite hit the spot. It was like ordering your favorite pie (cherry, for me) and it just tasting a little off like they used splenda instead of sugar or something, and even though you don't like it, you eat it and only really question yourself after you're left with that just-plain-wrong aftertaste.

I guess what really bothered me was that Redmerski (an author I usually really like) didn't take the time or put the effort into building up the attraction, she just skipped that step. Which made the obsessive love that bloomed after pretty much no build up made me just feel annoyed.

My eyes were tired from doing this:
description

Also the MC could not figure out some very, very, very obvious things, which seemed very gimmicky, needing to lead the plot along with obstinate-obliviousness.

On the flip-side, she did a great job with her world building and werewolf concept. And the plotline-potential was actually pretty excellent, it just fell flat for me.