ritastradling

anti-book-snob

For some reason I find fantasy books much more believable than mainstream fiction. I mostly read fantasy and all sub-genres but if overwhelmed with curiosity I'll occasionally read a 'norm' book.

I am an author also but I am mostly on this site to connect as a reader.

My Blood Approves

My Blood Approves - Amanda Hocking This was enjoyable (and cheap!). I liked the main character even if she was determined to die at sixteen for no good reason; you kind of see her death-wish personality as more like depression or being a adrenaline-junkie than blind devotion to guys she doesn't really know at all (even if the character sees it that way). For some reason, the idea that Alice was depressed (which honestly might be just my interpretation) made me like Alice more than I would if she was just determined to be a victim. But regardless, she was very...pitiable and hard to respect.
I'm not going to continue with this series probably though because while this book was entertaining, I really didn't like the junkie-like-state that the main character would get in whenever she was around Peter. Peter just didn't seem to have a personality to me, other than being a jerk, and all the encounters between them just seemed so low and demeaning to Alice--I don't really want to experience more of it.