ritastradling

anti-book-snob

For some reason I find fantasy books much more believable than mainstream fiction. I mostly read fantasy and all sub-genres but if overwhelmed with curiosity I'll occasionally read a 'norm' book.

I am an author also but I am mostly on this site to connect as a reader.

Throne of Glass

Throne of Glass - Sarah J. Maas POV: third person alternating perspectives between Celaena, Chaol, Dorian and Kaltain (I think that's all). Celaena, the protagonist is very mysterious and interesting while still being a bit goofy in a relatable way-- I loved her.

I CRAZY-LOVE this book. I want the sequel here, now, more than I want world peace. Just saying. Wow. I held off on buying this book because I read a couple mixed reviews from bloggers I respect, ordered it through the library, what a mistake!! Now I have to return it. This book made me laugh, cry, I didn't figure out the mystery until page 199, I LOVE the main characters.

To be fair...One thing that did bother me was the way they organized paragraphs made it very confusing who was saying what... Like:

Darth said, "Luke." Luke flailed his stump of a hand. "Your father!!!"

"No!!!" Luke yelled.

(Stars Wars. Yeah, Sorry if that's some kind of infringement).

Maybe that format is correct in some school of writing but it's a little brain screwy for me. Another irk, they use american slang. But, honestly, I'm over it and I don't care!!! I loved this book!!!

If you haven't already, Read It!! (Yes, that would be a Jedi mind trick).