ritastradling

anti-book-snob

For some reason I find fantasy books much more believable than mainstream fiction. I mostly read fantasy and all sub-genres but if overwhelmed with curiosity I'll occasionally read a 'norm' book.

I am an author also but I am mostly on this site to connect as a reader.

The Indigo Spell

The Indigo Spell - Richelle Mead Just for the record : Mead is one of my all time favorite authors. She doesn't just pen characters, shee is a word dr. Frankenstein (it's alive!)
That said...
This book is really more like ~~ 3.5
I wanted to love it... tried to love it ... but as I've been swept away by the 'sequel' parade (Boundless, Unravel me, Scarlet...), this one was a bit of a let down. Lots of luv. Lots of action.
I'm not sure what really went wrong with me and this book. It was... I don't know... flat compared with the others in the series. Also (as I've stated before), Mead is always so predictable. I think she thinks her readers are dumb (but instead it just makes the "intelligent" characters seem obtuse).

But, then again, the book definitely had its moments. To be fair the book might not have fallen flat if I hadn't raise the bar so high.