ritastradling

anti-book-snob

For some reason I find fantasy books much more believable than mainstream fiction. I mostly read fantasy and all sub-genres but if overwhelmed with curiosity I'll occasionally read a 'norm' book.

I am an author also but I am mostly on this site to connect as a reader.

Beauty

Beauty - Robin McKinley POV: First person from Beauty's point of view.
Main character is a little obsessive above her perceived ugliness, but other than her obsessive insecurity, she's a great tom-boyish narrator.

Review: Another Beauty and the Beast retelling favorite to add to my growing list. What is it about the Beauty and the Beast story? Ever since I was six and sat awestruck in the theater watching Beauty and the Beast for the first time, I have loved this story with all my heart; this book made me feel like I was six and in that theater again.

Another retelling of this story: [b:Heart's Blood|6278019|Heart's Blood (Whistling Tor, #1)|Juliet Marillier|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1327169281s/6278019.jpg|6461540] by one of my favoritest authors ever, Juliet Marillier, felt like a an LSD nightmare of Beauty and the Beast (in an one-hundred percent AWESOME way) compared to this book. Robin McKinley's retelling was clean and true and faithful to the little girl inside, while also being captivating and impossible to put down to the adult. This book would be appropriate for preteens to adults.

It's a little hard to track down, I got mine at the library because it's not on ebook:( but I noticed you can get it on audiobook now from audible (haven't listened to it yet though) also Amazon has cheap old paperbacks and more expensive new copies.