ritastradling

anti-book-snob

For some reason I find fantasy books much more believable than mainstream fiction. I mostly read fantasy and all sub-genres but if overwhelmed with curiosity I'll occasionally read a 'norm' book.

I am an author also but I am mostly on this site to connect as a reader.

Tiger's Curse (Book 1)

Tiger's Curse (Book 1) - Colleen Houck 4.5
POV: besides the prologue and epilogue this book is first person from Kelsey 'Kels' point of view. Kelsey is honest and literal and very self deprecating (which bugged me a bit, but it fit with her character and past) and exceptionally considerate (but not in a over-played way).
This book was very unique in the sea of paranormal books I've been swimming in the past couple years. The story had a very old world mythology feel to it, like it could be a fairy tale retelling, though I don't think it is. The setting, (traveling through) India, and traveling through the different Hindi stories was one of my favorite parts to this fabulous books.
The romance alternated between being steamy hot (in a clean sort of way) and being dorky-hilarious. I laughed so hard at this one kissing aftermath scene, it was embarrassing!
Great book. I've been enjoying books less lately, this one revived me.